Saturday, June 23, 2012

Update, Tip of the Day-Photos

I've been painting the walking stick this week.  So far I have painted the roses and the base coat of the leaves.  I'm not particularly pleased with the roses at this point.  I was trying to paint them like a particular rose, but it seems to lose something in the translation.  I thinking I may paint them a solid dark pink, but I'm concerned that they will lose some of their energy that way.

I still need to do some vein detail on the leaves.  I also need to add the antiquing medium to stain the wood a darker color.  The darker medium over the paint will soften the pinks a bit.  at the moment they look a little bright.

Tip of the Day:  Wood burning on a walking stick can be a bit of a challenge.  The stick is more or less round, which means it rolls fairly easily.  Supporting the ends of the stick on something soft such as a rolled up towel will help keep rolling to a minimum.

I've added a photo of one of my gazing balls in the garden.  I snapped this photo before I weeded the garden.  It was a really hot day and I decided to put off weeding it was a little cooler.  The weeding is finished but I haven't snapped any new pictures since then.

No comments: