Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Faux Tesla Coil Update

I have no new pictures for the blog today.  I'm having one of those days (week actually) where things are so crazy that it feels as if my productivity level is in the negative column.  I have had to repaint the gauges for the steam engine.  I painted them and they looked fine.  I started to put varnish them and the varnish stripped off the black and red paint again.  In a previous blog post I had mentioned that the varnish had stripped some of the paint.  I had momentarily forgotten that the varnish did not work well with some of the paint.  So, I had to repaint them and seal them with some gel medium.  I'm ready to glue them on when I get the chance.

I also attempted to glue the copper wire to the dynamo.  Actually, I partially succeeded.  The piece of wire I started with was not long enough.  I started to glue on another piece of wire to continue wrapping.  The wire is not cooperating.  On my second attempt at gluing the wire I came very close to gluing myself to the project.  I had to put that project aside for a bit until all the glue on the dynamo dried.  I haven't gone back to that project yet because we are in the remodel of the bathroom and I'm working on it with my husband today. 

The base to they dynamo has received another coat of paper mache' and is waiting to be sanded and painted.  At this point it does not look much different from its previous photo.

I think I have figured a way to add a lab coat to my anthropomorphic pumpkin without wrecking it.  I will have new photos by Sunday.  That is about all that is new with this project at the moment.  

No comments: