Sunday, January 19, 2014

On to Another Project and Field Project Photo

1-19-2014
I'm starting with the Field Project today because it is the only photo for today's blog post.  I went  out this morning to snap my photo.  The temperature was a chilly 24 degrees Fahrenheit, but the sun was out and the wind was calm.  There has been no appreciable change in the field at this point, however I can see a small difference in the shadows.  Once we get closer to spring the plants will start changing from day to day. 

So far, no response to the photos from Google Awesome Photos as far as turning the field photos into an animation. (For a full explanation of the project, see the December 22, 2013 post on engaging artificial intelligence.)  However there has been a photo posted to the section where all the animation photos show up.  It is not an animation.  It is just a picture of the Orca that is on the the Shaman Staff walking stick.  Other than the animation of the moon phases on the walking stick, no other photos of the walking stick have been posted in that section up until this photo showed up.  When I double click on the photo, it shows my picture icon and a comment I made on Facebook about having completed the walking staff. I guess it picked up my blog address posted with the photo.


Just a side note here:  I had been unable to use the location setting on the blog for some time.  It appears to be fixed now.  I'm not sure why it was disabled or why it was decided to allow it to be used again.

Now on to more interesting things.  I have completed painting the gourds, and now I am on to something else.  In the fall, I purchased a large jar of glass bead gel medium on a whim.  It was on sale, so I decided to buy it and try it out when I had time.  Well, I am ready for a new project so I am ready to see what the product will do.  I want to paint a peacock picture.  Before I start on the peacock, I thought I would do some product testing to see what this material would do by testing it with the paint colors I want to use for the peacock.  That way I will be doing some color tests along with experimenting with the product.  Next blog post I will have some photos of those experiments.



No comments: