Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Goblin Halloween Diorama- Part 22- House on the Board- Field Project

At long last, I have completed the house for the diorama.  I am pleased to say that the old farmhouse is now glued down to the board.  It took a long time to get the house completed.  I hope the rest of the diorama will not be as labor intensive as building the house. 

I completed the painting on the roof.  There is a temptation to add a little more detail to the roof, to really get the feel of an old roof, but at some point you have to stop working on detail and get on with the rest of the diorama.  I guess I've reached the "don't mess this up stage.  It works well enough that I don't care to have to start over if things don't turn out as I planned.

The house has been glued down to the board.  I also attached some steps. There will be a few
embellishments added to the house.  I'll have pictures of them next time.  I did not paint the ground on the board because the glue is only as strong as the surface to which it is attached.  If that surface is a coat of paint, the hold is only as strong as the bond between the wood and the paint.  I build these things to last as long as possible.

I forgot to put up my field picture on Sunday.  I thought I would post the photo today.  This is a picture of the field on Autumn Equinox.


No comments: