Sunday, June 7, 2015

Walking Stick Z - Part 3

I started stripping the bark from my walking stick.  It is much more work to strip a sapling if the stick dried with the bark on it.  Difficult, but not impossible.  So far I have stripped 21 inches of the sapling.  That represents an hour and a half of work.  At this point the stick is still fairly rough.  I will sand it once the stripping is complete.

I had hoped that I would have the stick completely stripped by the time of this blog post, but Mother Nature had different ideas.  It has been raining for two solid days.  It is supposed to rain all day again today as well.  The rain comes and goes.  Sometimes it is raining hard, other times we have thunderstorms, and sometimes it is just drizzle.  At any rate, it has been pretty wet and chilly and not a great time for working outside.  The weather has really put a damper on my plans.

Hopefully the rain will pass in the next day or so and I can get back to work on my walking stick
project.  Thursday's blog post will be on the Mandala project.  I plan to have some progress to report on the walking stick by next Sunday. 


No comments: