Thursday, August 13, 2015

Colorful Mandala

I have not been able to get outside to work on my walking stick.  The weather is just not working with me.  We have had more rain.  Sometimes it rained on and off during the day.  Once it rained all night. The grass is so wet that I do not want to be out standing on it holding an electric wood burning tool.  The day or two when it has been dry enough to be outside I have had to be away from home.  One of these days I will have a day at home when I can get outside and do some wood burning.

Since it has been rainy, I have had to amuse myself inside.  I have been working with a book on how to make and use Mandala:  Mandala Luminous Symbols for healing by Judith Cornell, PH.D.   I have also been playing around with a book on how to make Zentangle art: The Art of Zentangle 50 inspiring drawings, designs, and ideas for the meditative artist.  I guess the Mandala I created is a fusion of what I have learned from these two books.  I used Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils on black Canson paper.

As I blogged about the Celtic Knot Work several posts ago, it is better to have a good ability to visualize the outcome before you start working.  It is easy to spot a mistake in a repeating pattern. 

Third time is a charm.  I hope that I will have some wood burned Celtic Knot Work on the walking stick by the next blog post.

One other thought before I go:  I have noticed lately that my picture layout is changed on the Yahoo emails.  I am sorry if that has caused confusion when I label something Photo 1, etc.  I will be more mindful in the future that the photos may not appear in the same order on different platforms.

No comments: