Thursday, October 29, 2015

Here's Witching You a Happy Halloween

Autumn has arrived and I have been busier than ever.  We have been fixing up the cabin, raked leaves
both there and at home, gone to festivals,  and visited with friends. All in all, I'm having a great time but I'm starting to feel a need to get some rest. I'm have had to take a few days off to relax.  That is mostly why my posting schedule has been erratic lately. 

I have been working on one last Halloween anthropomorphic figure.  I had planned to have it ready for blogging about today but came up with a last minute problem.  I was down to the last little details.  The head had been painted.  All I had to do was brush a couple of coats of sealer on it
and glue the head to the body.  I don't know why, but the sealer started stripping the paint off the head.  I tried to wipe the sealer off the head, but the more I wiped, the more paint came off.  I finally just had to wait for it to dry and then repaint the head. 

I repainted the head this morning and sealed it with a different product.  This time everything went okay.  Now that the sealer has dried I can get on with assembling the figure.  I had places I needed to be today so I have not had time to get back to the figure yet.  As it is a Halloween figure, I
will move my blog post up one day and blog on Saturday to reveal the figure on Halloween rather than post on Sunday.  After that, I plan to get back to my usual Thursday and Sunday blogging schedule.

In the mean time, since Halloween is coming up, I thought I'd post a couple of Halloween decorations that I made a few years back.  Long time readers might recognize them, but newer readers have probably not seen them.  

No comments: