Thursday, July 7, 2016

More Photos from the Road - July 2016

Rolls of hay along the road.
Back from another road trip. So I am posting a few photos from the latest trip.  The last trip and this one were back to back.  We came home, paid bills, did the laundry, and headed back out again.  My husband and I are so tired.  I don't think we are going to do trips back to back anymore if we can help it. 

We lost power at the cabin both Saturday and Sunday.  Fortunately, they were fairly short power outages.  It did not effect us other than we switched some of our meals around so we did not have to pull out the camp stove. 

Fiberglass cow statue.
It was rainy in the mountains.  The weather was cool.  At night we slept under light blankets.  Determined not to turn on the heat or start the wood stove, we spent the evening huddled together for warmth while we watched some shows.   Since it was cool, it was good sleeping weather.  The stream was full from all the rain, and the sound of rushing water covered over every other sound.

This trip up, most of the hay has been harvested and formed into the big rolls.  There were rolls of hay along the road everywhere.  Most of the rolls are picked up and stored in barns.  Others are wrapped in plastic or some kind of mesh and left to sit on site.

Old barn.
I finally was able to get a decent picture of that fiberglass cow that sits up on the hill.  I have been trying to get a photo as we go by it for a couple of years.  Generally we come up on it too fast, and I only get a very blurred picture.

I have been trying to get some good pictures of old barns.  There are still plenty of old barns out there, but you can see that they many have been replaced with newer buildings.  I take many pictures of barns because one day I hope to paint pictures of them.  It might be a while before I get around to that though.

Rain and fog on the mountain.
Despite having been away so much, I have been making significant progress on the lamb soft sculpture project.  I expect to have some completed photos ready for the next blog post.  Check back on Sunday for the new pictures.  

No comments: