Thursday, January 12, 2017

Gearing Up for the New Year

I took a two week break at the first of the year.  We had some snowy weather and it was a nice time to cuddle up with a soft snuggly blanket and a good book.  Now that my little vacation is over, I am back in the studio and back to working on my project.  I will be back to blogging on the doll experiment in my next blog post.

I usually begin the year with a list of projects that I hope to accomplish this year.  I have one project that I expect will take up a considerable amount of time in the coming year.  I plan to make a doll that is a Flaminco dancer.  It will be a larger doll, and I expect it be very detailed.  I plan to use some different materials for the skeleton and musculature.  It should be interesting.

A plan for a new walking stick is also in the works.  This stick may be more art than a useful hiking stick.  I want to try out some carving techniques on it.  I am not sure that removing a lot of material will leave it sturdy enough to be useful.  So rather than a walking stick, it may just be art on a stick.

I also plan to refurbish by fading Jupiter sphere.  It needs a facelift.  The sun has faded the acrylic paints.  It may turn out to be covered by a different medium than paint.  I also have another hypertufa ball that was cast some time ago and has been waiting for me to get back to it.

I am also working on a new quilt.  It will be a large quilt.  I will be blogging on that from time to time throughout the quilts construction.

 Although I have only listed a few projects, I expect them to take months to complete.  If I have more time, I will of course add more projects to the cue.  I always have more projects than time.

Now that I have moved past the post-holiday doldrums, I am excited about getting back to the studio.  Check back on Sunday for the latest on the Doll Experiment.  I have made quite a lot of progress on that.

No comments: