Sunday, August 5, 2018

Correcting a Problem on the Doll Armature

My doll armature developed a problem.  I tried to move the doll by grasping one of her arms.  I guess the PVC joint was not glued well.  The joint pulled apart.  Now the doll's arm is just hanging there held together by all the bubble wrap.  I could leave it that way, but since the doll's intended skin is papier mâché I need to correct it.  If I left it hanging, the papier mâché would crack from the motion of the arm.  I guess I will have to perform some surgery.  Since this just happened, I don't have any photos yet.  I will blog more about the repair in the next blog post.

On the plus side, I did finish padding the other leg down as far as the ankle.  I hope to be working on the feet and hands very soon.

Check back next Sunday for the latest on the life size doll.

No comments: