Sunday, August 11, 2019

Close to Completing the Denim Rug

Today is just a quick update on the denim rug project.  I have been weaving a lot since my last blot post.  I think I have about a foot left to go.   I have several colors of denim in this project and I am soon going to run out of most colors except for the darkest indigo.  When I reach a point where all I have left are the darkest strips, I will stop.  I don't want to cut up any more jeans.  The rug is long enough that I don't want to add too much more.

I don't have any new pictures.  The rug is very heavy and I had to use a large plastic container to support the it.  As the rug lengthened, I had to keep folding it up on top of the container.  You can't see how long the rug is.  I can't pull the rug out because it will change the tension on the strips.  It would be a lot of work to get things back in place if I move them.  Just imagine the picture above about three feet longer, and you will get an idea of how long the rug is right now.

I think that by next week I will be finished with the weaving.  I will be blogging about my method of removing the rug from the loom.  Also, I will blog about what worked and what did not work well on this project, so readers will have the best practices all in one  post.

I probably won't be able to get the post up until late Sunday afternoon.  Things have changed on my schedule, so Sunday mornings are not available any more. 

No comments: