Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Faux Tesla Halloween Project-Part 8


I've been called in to work, so this is going to be a quick post.  The tower is assembled and glued to the board.  I had originally planned to make each tower look like Tesla's Wardenclyffe tower, but when I put them together the scaffolding drew your attention from the electrical bolts.  There was just too much of it.

I used a Dremel tool to cut down off the bottom section of the scaffolding so that more of the copper coil was exposed.  I covered up the S curve on the bottom of the metal piece by using a piece of thin balsa wood.  The balsa wood has lines drawn on it make it look like planks have been set across the platform.  As this piece is about a traveling show, I want everything to look like something temporary; something that can be broken down and taken away.

The anthropomorphic pumpkin figure has been created and is ready for a layer of paper clay.  I am using paper clay on this piece because I am running out of time and the paper clay will dry and be ready for painting faster.

No comments: