Sunday, June 16, 2013

Carousel Part 31-Mirrors and Stuff

Fortunately, we did not lose power in the last storm.  The worst of it went south of us.  I'm glad that I am able to get online today.  It was a scary storm though.  South of us the winds were blowing at 85 mph. 

The animals are now secured to the brass poles.  The photo shows them on their sides because I am waiting for the glue to dry. The larger animals are set so that they will have their feet on the ground.  The smaller animals are mounted higher so that their bodies will be at the same height as the bodies of the giraffe and camel.  The poles look a little long right now, but that is because they will be sunk down into the base to hold them upright.  I plan to have a finishing finial on the top of each post.  I will be working on that today.  I have a couple of ideas on the finial, and I'll have to see which one works out the best.

 I have begun securing the mirrors to the housing.  Actually only one is on at this time because the adhesive I used requires a twenty-four hour set up time.  I guess the mirrors will all be in place by then Wednesday.  The height is set to show off the animals. There is room above the mirror to place the small caricature face placques.  I have not started working on them yet.


I have also accomplished some work on the roof.  The pergola shape has been constructed and is ready for paper mache'.  I will most likely work on that tomorrow.
  More on that in the next post.


No comments: