Sunday, December 8, 2013

Floor Cloth Painting- Part 1

Floor cloth-not finished yet.
I've made a little progress on painting the floor cloth.  It is not finished yet.  This is just the basic painting.  I still have a long way to go on it.  I have a number of layers of paint to go.  Once I add shadows under the leaves and lighten the reflection of the branch, things should look a little better.  At the moment, the colors are a little bright, but they will be toned down with the next layers of paint.  This floor cloth will be called Reflections on a Trout Pond.  I am painting it from memories of looking out in the stream behind  the cabin.

Speaking of the cabin, we were up there recently.  We wanted to make one more trip up this year.  We did not stay as long as we had planned.  A winter storm was coming, and the wind chill was going to be five degrees with high winds.  I did get a few more autumn pictures though.  I've posted a couple below.

Refinishing the cider press.
Even though we probably won't be back up to the cabin until spring, work still goes on.  We brought the cider press home for refinishing and repairs.  It is old, and in need of an overhaul.  Next year it will be ready for apple season. 

An ice storm is just starting here at home today.  We have already had a couple of brown outs, so I had better get this post finished.  I hope we don't lose electricity.  Our neighborhood has many large trees.  When we get ice, you just don't know what is going to happen.

As you can see, the blog platform is giving
me some grief over where I place the pictures again.



No comments: