Sunday, May 18, 2014

Today's Field Project

Field 5-18-2014
This is today's field project picture.  It was taken at 8:20 am.  The temperature was 51 degrees Fahrenheit.  Winds were from the NNE at 9 miles per hour.  It was partly cloudy.  Although it is not in the picture, the farmer has mowed a little piece of the field and stuck the for sale sign in plain sight again.  I am beginning to suspect that he is not planning to plant anything in the field this year.  Just my luck that the year I decide to take a series of photos about the crops growing that nothing would be planted.  Well, I guess we shall see what a field look like when it lie fallow.

The dogwoods and azaleas have lost their blooms already, but many things are still blooming.  I am including some photos from the yard while everything looks so nice and fresh.  The round disks on the ground in the picture are some of my outdoor art works.  The light was in the wrong direction, so I could not pick the detail of them in the shot.  The Comfrey has really shot up and is in full bloom.  No matter how hard I tried, I could not pick up their delicate lavender color in the photo well.
Wild roses.
Also, I see that the raspberries that grow wild around the edge of the field are blooming.  It looks like there might be a bumper crop this year.  It is enjoyable to take a walk in the morning and come back with a handful of fresh raspberries to have with breakfast.  

Buddha in the Comfrey.
I don't have time to do a regular blog post this morning.  We are getting ready to lay the new laminate floor in the larger of the downstairs bedrooms.  Earlier this weekend we painted the bedroom.  Between the bedroom and the closet it is almost as much square footage as the den, so I don't know if we will complete the floor in there today or not.  However, slowly but surely we are starting to see the house get back together. 

Another photo is below, so please scroll down.

Wild raspberries.

No comments: