Thursday, September 15, 2016

Update on Vampire Halloween Doll

New plans await the casket.  Something creepy.
I don't have any new photos for the blog yet.  The Vampire doll's suit coat is almost complete.  Okay, half-way complete.  It has been a comedy of errors here all week long.  At least the doll is starting to have a finished look to it.  For so long it looked like it would never get finished.

Basically, the arms of the coat have been cut and sewn onto the doll.  The back and front pieces will be cut and sewn on next.  Then a cape will be constructed.  The cape will have a black outer layer with a red lining.  I don't think that will take too long once I get a chance to get to it.

The casket has had a little work done to it.  Layers of batting and satin have been glued into it so that it appears to be lined.  I may be doing a little work on the casket.  When I first started out with the idea for the doll, I had thought that I might pose it so that it looked as if the doll were climbing out of the casket.  The trouble with that idea was that the top did not stay upright.  That might be easy enough to fix.  But then I had another thought.  Suppose I put a small spring or perhaps a bit of compressible foam underneath the casket lining.  Then pose the doll as I wanted it to look as if it were climbing out, but then stuff it into the casket box and close the lid.  When someone opened the lid, the spring or foam would decompress, making the doll move as if it was climbing out.  Creepy?  You bet!  I hope I can pull that off.

I expect to have some new photos of the Vampire doll for the Sunday blog post.  Perhaps I will have the casket photos also.  The doll is close to complete. 

No comments: