Thursday, November 17, 2016

Halloween Quilt

Although we are a third of the way through November I have not yet put away my Halloween decorations.  I just have not had time.  I may get them put away by Thanksgiving.  Since I have it out, I thought I would put up a picture of another of the quilts I have made.  I saw this quilt in a magazine and thought it would be a great project for learning to do applique and free motion quilting.  This quilt was made several years ago before starting to take photos and document my crafting projects so I do not know the name of the designer or the magazine.  I may have the magazine.  If I can find it I will update the post to credit the designer.

Anyway, I cut out the pumpkins and  adhered them to the base layer with some fusible adhesive.  Then I hand sewed them to the background fabric using a blanket stitch.   After that I used free motion quilting to quilt the layers of the quilt. 

It was a fun project and one I look forward to seeing every Halloween.

No comments: