Sunday, November 12, 2017

Update on the Star and Leaf Quilt

I am still working on hand quilting the Star and Leaf quilt.  I am at the half-way point on hand quilting this project.  It is a large quilt; 72" x 72" (188.2  x 188.2 cm)  There is a fair amount of quilting on it.  Each square has taken approximately six hours of quilting.  At the half-way point, that is roughly 72 hours of had quilting. 

I am kicking myself now for adding in all the extra decorative quilting.  The extra quilting added a lot of extra interest to the quilting, but it sure has been time consuming.  I have actually considered whether I wanted to go back and rip out some of the decorative quilting so that the leaf blocks did not take so much time.  I really don't want to do that, but it is tempting.  Now that I have reached the point of no return, I guess that it is just as easy to go forward with things as they are. 

Needless to say, I am thoroughly sick of the project by now.  However, I continue on because I refuse to quit.  I did take a break during the summer.  Even with air conditioning, sitting under a warm quilt is not very comfortable.  Now that the weather has cooled down, I am back to work on it again.   I doubt that it will be completed by the end of the year.  Getting ready for the holidays is going to come in to play in the next couple of weeks.  The weather has stayed warm so late into the year that I am having a hard time realizing how late in the year it actually is.  This is one project that will get finished when it is finished.  Hopefully that will happen before the weather turns warm again.


No comments: