Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Paper Mâché Owl- Part 15 -Quick Post

I have just a quick post and no new pictures this week.  The photo below is the same as last weeks picture.  I have been out of town, and had very little time to work on the project.  The best that I could do was to finish the layers of paper mâché on the beak and feet.  I will be starting the painting this afternoon.  



After two coats of gesso, I will begin painting.  I am both excited and stressed about this part of the project.  I am hoping that I will make a good job of painting the owl.  I have put so much work into the project that I start to stress over perhaps messing it up at this stage.  

I have looked at a number of owl pictures for great horned owls and long eared owls.  I really had no idea how individual the plumage on owls actually are.  In some ways that is a relief.  There is so much diversity in the plumage that I can't feel that I am "doing it wrong".  Of course there are many similarities around the face of an owl, but I can readily say that you could tell individual owls from their markings.

Anyway, that is about as far as I have taken the project.  Next week there will be time for me to work on it.  Check back next Tuesday to see the latest on this project.

No comments: