Saturday, April 14, 2012

This picture is a close up of one of the latest buildings I painted on the diorama.

The latest update is that I have not done a single stroke of painting on the diorama for about ten days.  I have been pretty much working full time the last couple of weeks.  The compressor for our heat pump and air conditioner died and we had to replace the unit.  I had a house full of workmen on the days I wasn't at work.  We had to pull everything out of the attic in order for the workmen to get up there to replace the unit.  So while we had all the boxes out of the attic, my husband and I took the time to go through them and get rid of some stuff we had stored up there. There were boxes sitting in the middle of the floor in every room of the upstairs. When the heat pump compressor died, we were right in the middle of refurbishing the bathroom, all the way to ripping down the old drywall and putting up new mold resistant drywall.  There are construction materials stashed in every room downstairs. The entire house is covered in a layer of fine dust from the construction, and I'm frantically cleaning up so I can get back to painting.  At this point I am feeling a little over-worked.  I can't get back to working on the diorama until I get a little order back in my life.

No comments: