Sunday, February 10, 2013

Carousel-Part 8-Ears and Tails

I'm adding the finishing touches to the menagerie animals before I begin to add the paper mache'.  At first I thought that I would add the ears and tails later, but after some reflection on the matter, I decided to go ahead and add the ears at this point. 

The tails will be have the paper mache' layers added, then they will be glued to the bodies of the giraffe, camel, and pig.  An additional layer of paper mach' will be added to make sure they stay anchored to the body.  It will be easier to deal with the paper strips if I'm not having to work around the long tails hanging down.  At this point the animals are ready to begin the process of having paper mach' put on.  It is always a temptation to keep fiddling with them, but at some point you have to say it's close enough and go ahead and get started.  I'll be putting on the first coat tomorrow.

I have pictures of the animals now that they have their ears.  I think you will see what an improvement that small detail makes.


No comments: