Sunday, February 17, 2013

Carousel-Part 9- Paper Mache'

The menagerie animals are covered with two layers of paper mache'.  Covered that is, except for  the tails.  To may annoyance, I forgot to put the paper mache' on the tails for the giraffe and the camel, which I crafted as separate pieces.I guess I will do that today.  I was hoping to go outside and sand the pieces today, but at the moment it is twenty-seven degrees (Fahrenheit) with a stiff breeze blowing.  I think I'll wait until it warms  up this afternoon.

This part of the project can be discouraging.  The creatures are lumpy, and covered with readable print.  It is easy to get discouraged at this point.  However, this is a major turning point in the project, and things will begin to change dramatically very quickly.  Once the pieces are sanded, the painting begins, and the menagerie animals will begin to reveal themselves.

No comments: