Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Shaman Staff-Part 1

I'm posting later than usual today because I had an appointment this morning.  I prefer to post earlier because I'm at my most productive int the morning.  Sometimes life gets in the way of my art.

I have made some progress on the written portion of the story for the staff.  At this point I'm not quite sure how long it has to be to end where I want it to end on the staff.  I will have to cut what I've written and tape it into strips and start wrapping it around the staff to see how it looks.  I suspect I am going to have to make it longer, but at least this is a start.

At this point, I don't want to publish the particulars of the story, but it is basically a story that starts with a creation myth and goes on into shamanic concepts of past/present/future happening all at once and the manifestation of form.  It is a reminder to the shaman that he or she is the vessel that contains all who came before and all who will come afterwards.

Anyway, the work has begun.  Next post there will be new photos.

No comments: