Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Corn doll-Photos

Due to some last minute changes in my plans, I did not get any work done on the walking stick since I blogged on Sunday.  I'll be working on the next set of drawings to go onto the stick today. 

I normally start decorating for Halloween on October 1st.  That did not get started either.  I usually like to get it out all at once, but it looks like I will be working on it a little at a time this week.  I documented most of my collection of handmade Halloween decorations last year.  There are a few things that I did not photograph.  I'll be adding pictures of them as I go along this year. 

The photo is of an old corn doll that lives in my kitchen.  She stands atop an antique plate rack with some antique plates.  I made her in 1993.  Over the years she has faded to a brown color, but she still seems to have a lot of energy.

A note to regular readers:  I will be blogging about the walking stick on Sundays and will be posting pictures of Halloween decorations on Wednesdays throughout October.

No comments: