Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Update - Gazing Ball Experiment

I have completed painting the basic flowers on the gazing ball.  As I had mentioned in an earlier blog post, it takes much longer to paint the flowers than I thought it would.  By the time I transfer my design, outline it well enough to see it, and paint it with two coats of the yellow paint for the petals, it takes about forty-five minutes per flower.  The concrete is so rough, that it takes some work to get the paint looking as I would like it to look.

So my picture today is the same as the previous one.  The main difference is that last time I had only half the ball painted.  This time all of the flowers are on it.  Now that this section has been completed, I am ready to go on to the shading of the flowers.  Hopefully, that will go on more quickly than the previous layers of paint.  After that, I will be adding the stems and leaves.  

No comments: