Sunday, March 16, 2014

Field Project


Today I only have more pictures of the field in my field photo project.  (A note for new readers:  the field project is my plan to photo document the changes in this field over the course of a year, beginning with the first day of winter.) 

My whole week has been over run by dealing with claims adjustors and contractors.  If you view earlier posts from this month, you will see a picture of my floor which has been jack hammered up due to a pipe that has busted under the slab.  Things are coming along, but it a process, and you really can't hurry that process up.  You just have to get to each part of it step by step.  All in all the insurance company is doing a great job.  I just wish I could wave a magic wand, say Alacazam and suddenly have my house back in pristine condition.  Unfortunately, life does not work that way. 

I really have not had much time to do any sketches for the new project yet.  All the contents and furniture have been moved from the affected rooms to other areas of the house.  It is so crowded, it really does not  lend it self to being a comfortable place to make art.  I've finally decided that working at the kitchen table might be the best bet for the next few weeks.  My studio is so packed, that I hardly feel like working in it.

Anyway, these pictures were taken of the field this morning.  The sun is shining. The birds are singing,  It is about forty-five degrees Fahrenheit with light winds.  And another Winter Storm Watch has been posted for tonight and tomorrow.  Several more inches of snow and sleet are expected again!  I'm starting to get a bit irritable.   I'll be glad when warmer weather gets here.

I did manage to get out to the hardware store this week and purchase the materials to create a stand for the painted Garden Art Ball that I have been blogging about recently.  When it is warm enough I'll be out spray painting the stand.  Then I'll get a picture of the ball outside.  It is still too cold to leave the ball out.  I bring in all my gazing balls during cold weather because if water gets down in the cracks and freezes it can crack the ball. 



No comments: