Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Goblin Diorama-Part 4

Drafted onto Foam Core.
This has been a busy week for me, and I have only had a little time to devote to working on the diorama.  I have drafted the basic shapes for the house of the diorama onto some foam core board.  The foam core will serve as a support for the wooden structure.  It will be rigid enough to support the wood, but is very light weight.  Perhaps more importantly, I happened to have a sheet on hand, left over from some other project.  It saves me the expense of purchasing some balsa wood or other material to make the house.  I guess we shall see how this works out as things go along.

Cardboard Mock up.
At the moment, I did not have a piece of scrap board to use as a base, so I purchased a piece of pine shelving.  It was quite long, so I had the hardware store cut it in half for me.  I guess that means there will be at least one more diorama in my future.  I need to sand the edges before I can do much else with the build.

There is a tropical storm off the coast and it is headed this way.  At the moment it looks as if it will only brush the coast.  Everyone on the east coast is watching the weather.  July 4th weekend is a big holiday weekend.  Many people have plans for picnics, parties, or are planning to head to the beach or to the mountains.  If the storm misses us, I will be celebrating the holiday with friends and family, and I don't expect I will be getting much done on the diorama.  If the storm turns inland with rain and high winds, I might have a lot of time to spend working on my project.  If I don't post about the project, it means we are probably without power after the storm.  I don't anticipate that I will have much time to work on things this week because I am getting ready for the weekend.  Most likely my next blog post on the diorama will be Wednesday, July 9th.

No comments: