Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Goblin Diorama - Part 5

Today's blog post is a bit late.  I have had a  busy morning.  At least I am able to get to it today.  I have only done a small amount of work on the diorama since the last blog post because I have been out of town. 

As I posted last time, I sketched a pattern for the components of the house on graph paper and then transferred the patterns onto foam core board.  Since then I cut out all the pieces for the house.  Today I will be putting the pieces of the pattern together to build the house.  I am hot gluing the pieces together.  The hot glue works well to bond the pieces of foam core.  Getting the foam core apart if a mistake is made is another story altogether, but it does work. 

I am having a little bit of trouble with the dormer.  It is not exactly as I would like it to be.  I am going to have to make a modification to the pattern.  It is just a matter of working with it until I get things to settle in the right place. 

By my next blog post I will have completed of the shell of the house.  I'll post a photo of it then.


No comments: