Sunday, August 10, 2014

Goblin Halloween Diorama Part 13 - Field Project Photos

I've been working on the front of the house for the diorama this week.  I thought I had finished the lower portion, but I am going to have to go back and make a correction on the clapboards on the right hand side.  Once I stepped back from the project, I could see that the clapboards near the upper portion of the window are a little too long and encroach on the window.  Sometimes it is hard to see a problem when working so close to it.  I guess I will be doing that today.  Other than that, I think the clapboards came out pretty well.

Field 8-10-2014
The house will be a taller when it is complete.  It will have a field stone base on it to give it a bit of height.  The extra height will allow me to make the other pieces of the diorama a little larger without looking overly out of proportion.  It is a bit difficult to work so small.  I would actually prefer to work a little larger, but I don't have a lot of studio space or storage space.  At some point, I'd like to have a show of my dioramas, but you have to have enough of them for a show first.  So that means they will be hanging around for a while.

I'm looking forward to getting to the spooky parts of the Halloween diorama.  I am getting lots of ideas for that portion of it.  I'm really looking forward to getting to work on them.

Today is Sunday, so that means it is time for another field project picture.  The photo was taken at 9:00 a.m. The temperature is 70 degrees Fahrenheit.  The winds were calm.  It is sunny and the humidity is relatively low for this time of year.  We are having a very cool summer.  The nights are  in the lower sixties.  It is wonderful.  Usually we are sweltering in the heat.

 Gee, you miss a week around here and the whole thing changes. Another small section of the field has been planted with something.  I'm not sure what.  The rest of the place has grown up in grass again.  The section of the field closest to the street has been mowed.  That is nice of the new owner.  We have a lot of snakes around here, and having the area closest to the street cut down keeps them a little further away.  

No comments: