Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tulip Stepping Stone

This is another of my baked acrylic enamel stepping stones.  I always have tulips in my garden with this stone. 

When using the acrylic enamel paints on stepping stones, give each coat of paint 24 hours to dry before applying another coat.  On one of my early stepping stones I added coats of paint before the previous coat was completely dry.  When I heated the stone, the paint bubbled and blistered.  I tried to repaint and reheat the stone, but the paint looked uneven.

Tip of the Day:  If you are uncomfortable with drawing free-hand, patterns for stained glass offer a line drawing that can be used as a pattern for your stepping stone.  Base coat your stone then use tracing paper to trace your design onto the stone.  Paint as desired. 


No comments: