Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Carousel Part 14- Folk Art Pig-Photo

I had been pondering what color to paint my folk art pig for the carousel.  The full size folk art pig I made last summer (see photos in last summers blog posts)  was a pinkish flesh color.  I really wanted to do something different here, but I didn't know what exactly.  I had been holding off on painting him until I had a better idea than pink.

Then, night before last, I had a dream about a pig.  I dreamed that I had taken a pig the color of a beagle to the air port.  I was holding him by the scruff of the neck.  Once we were inside of the airport, the pig became upset by the environment, struggled, and broke free.  The rest of the dream was a comedic chase as I was simultaneously trying to recapture the pig while avoiding the security personnel who were chasing me.  I have no idea where this dream came from, other than that I had been wondering what color to paint the folk art pig for my carousel.

So, I decided to paint the pig in a beagle color pattern (sort of).  He is not yet complete.  I realized as I started to paint that the pig did not have its tail.  I will have to make one and add it once it has been painted.  I also have to paint the saddle.  I should have it done by the weekend. 

No comments: