Sunday, March 24, 2013

Carousel Part 15-Folk Art Pig-Photos

When I blogged last time I mentioned that I painted the folk art pig for my carousel to look like a pig in a dream I had.  Usually I don't remember my dreams, so when I do remember one I try to analyze it to see what if any message or information I might receive from it.  I had not had time to sit down with it when I posted last time, but the outcome was interesting enough that I thought I'd post more about it. 

In my dream, I was holding a pig by the scruff of the neck.  The pig's color was something like a beagle's coat.  I took the pig to the airport and it became distressed from all the commotion and broke away from me.  The rest of the dream was me chasing the pig and security personnel looking for me.  This is my take on the dream.  I had been thinking about what color to paint my pig, so that was on my mind.  The dream image of my holding a pig by the scruff of the neck really was a memory of sorts.  In reality I had not been holding a pig, I had been holding my daughter-in-law's large hound by his collar.  His coloring of blue black, rich browns and cream were the coloring I saw in my dream.  So I'm pretty sure that is where the dream image came from.

The dog is a fairly large hound.  And when it was a puppy it was unaware of its size and strength.  It was running into and knocking over things in that endearingly maddening way that big puppies will.  That garnered him his name, Havoc.   That is where the rest of the dream comes in.  I'm guessing I dreamed an airport because we live near one, and around holidays there are usually pictures on the news about the crowded lines at the airport.  I can just imagine that a pig dashing through the crowds would create havoc. 

So, I think that in response to my thinking about how to paint my folk art pig, my brain sent me a dream message to "Create Havoc."  It meant to create the folk art pig in the colors of an animal named Havoc, not to create disaster and ruin.  It was a play on words.  That kind or reminds me of the Delphic Oracle who always spoke in riddles.  I had been reading something that referenced the Delphic Oracle within a few days prior to the dream.  Weird.

Anyway, the pig is complete other than that it needs to have a coat of varnish put on as a sealer.  I gave him a curly tail.  His saddle is painted gold with orange decorations.  He also has a gold "ribbon" around his next with orange dots on it.  At the moment he is resting on the ground.  When he is mounted on the carousel he will be mounted higher.

The last menagerie animal for the miniature carousel is a folk art cat.  I'll be painting that next and then it will be time to start putting the animals on the carousel.

No comments: