Sunday, April 7, 2013

Carousel-Part 17-More on the Cat-Photos

I'm back in the studio!  I have spent a week immersed in studying for a class.  I have desperately missed my studio time, but I really enjoyed spending some time learning something new.  Sometimes it is worthwhile to change things up in your life a bit.  Studying, the pressure of having to read and write on a deadline, and all the practice for an oral presentation has really changed my routine.  I am back to the studio now with a feeling of renewed enthusiasm for may my work.

This past week I have had little time to get into the studio.  I did manage to sneak in a couple of fifteen minute periods though.  I have done a little painting on the cat, although it is not yet finished.  I painted a checked collar on the cat, but I still want to add some embellishments to it.  Technically, I've finished the saddle, but something seems a bit off.  I may have to revisit that and do some more painting.  (This is what happens when I try to do things in a hurry.)  Part of the face has been blocked in.  I will be working on the face today and hope to finish it by tomorrow.  I also have to paint the pads on the folk art cat's feet.

Once the cat is complete, it will be time to move on to making the carousel.  I'm still going over the details in my mind.  I have two conflicting ideas about what it should look like and have not yet decided which direction I want to choose.

   

No comments: