Sunday, April 21, 2013

In My Spare Time I Quilt-Photo

Spare time?  Seriously?  I feel like I don't have spare time anymore.  I used to, and I don't know what happened to it all.  I work on my folk art projects as much as I can during the day.  In the evening, when my husband and I sit down to relax and watch television I work on a quilt.  I like to keep my hands busy even when I'm sitting still.

I have made three quilts that are hand pieced and hand quilted.  I enjoy fiber arts, but like any hobby, it can be expensive.  To get the most for my money, I piece complex patchwork quilts.  All of the little pieces are sewn on one at a time.  It took quite a while to finish this one.

I saw this pattern in a quilting magazine, but it has been several years, and I can no longer remember which one.  The quilt in the magazine was done in russets and browns, as if you might be looking out a window on an autumn afternoon.  I decided that my quilt would look more like a kaleidoscope, where each turn of the cylinder would create a different picture.


Yes, the headboard is very dated.  One of these days I'm going to get around to replacing it.  However, it's solid wood and still in really good shape.

No comments: