Sunday, April 14, 2013

Carousel-Part 18-Folk Art Cat Completed-Photos

The folk art cat for the carousel is complete, finally!!!  What a week.  It feels as if everything in the known universe was coming between me and finishing this cat.  However, it is complete now, and that's another big milestone in the carousel project.  Now that the animals are complete, I can begin to work on the carousel platform itself.

I decided to leave the saddle as it was painted rather than trying to change it.  Sometimes you can do more damage to something by trying to fix it.  It is not perfect, but perhaps it was the best I could do at that time given all the circumstances.

The cat's face has a big smile.  He doesn't look as real as the giraffe and the camel, but I was going for something campy with this figure. The folk art cat already has the gloss varnish applied.  The glare made it a little more difficult to photograph.

Makes sure to scroll down to see all the pictures.


No comments: