Sunday, May 19, 2013

Carousel-Part 25- Animal Placement-Photos


I thought I'd include some pictures of the menagerie animal placement today.  Last week I decided that the carousel would have an actual housing rather than just a piece of dowel holding up the roof.  I used squares of paper to figure out the size.  Now that I've actually cut the base, I'm thinking I ought to go a half inch larger.  Fortunately, I have not cut the wood panels yet.  It will mean another trip to the store for additional pieces of wood to make the supports of the structure larger.  Such is life.

We had a storm blow threw on Thursday evening.  It was mostly a wind event.  One of our big poplars was ripped in half.  The half that was torn off fell on the power line and took out our power and cable TV.  Our power is back, but the cable company has yet to fix the cable.  It used to be a rare event that we had tree damage, but in the last few years it has become an annual event.  Recently it has become an every storm event.  Dealing with the storm damage, the power company, and the cable company impacted my time to work on the project this week. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy a view of the menagerie animals on the base of the carousel.  The square in the center is the base of the housing.  It is not yet glued into place. 


No comments: