Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Back to the Goblins

Just at the point that I started to plan a diorama on Goblins for this year's Halloween project, a major plumbing fail decimated half my home.  The disaster actually happened in late February.  It was a couple of weeks before we understood the full extent of the problem.  That was at the beginning of March.  I have not been able to use my studio since then. It was packed with the items that used to be in other rooms.  We are finally on the verge of completing that major rebuild. There is still a lot of furniture that has to be moved and boxes to go through, but I expect that we will finish it off this weekend. 

I am having mixed feelings about returning to the studio.  On one hand, I am truly looking forward to sitting down at my table and starting to work on the project.  On the other hand, I feel as if I have lost the energy of the project because of the long interruption.  My goal for now is to try to get back into the mindset of the project.  I have to get back to the story and figure out where I was planning on going with the project all over again.  Sometimes it takes a bit for things to come back into focus.  We will see how it goes.  For now, I'm just going back to my original drawings to see what gets my attention.  That will be the starting point of the diorama.

No comments: