Sunday, October 12, 2014

Halloween Decor 2014

I've been getting out the Halloween decorations a bit at a time.  I still haven't finished.  Just when I think I have it all out, I remember that more of it is stashed somewhere else.  I love to collect Halloween pieces, so each year I am out on the prowl, looking for that next great piece.  I am on a budget though, so I am suppose that I am out looking for that next great piece I can afford.

The large paper mache' figures in the first two photos were purchased this year.  The smaller witch in the first photo is from The Thomas Clark collection.  I have had her for many years. 

I also make Halloween art.  I haven't brought out a lot of that yet.  The witch in the third photo was made a long time ago.  She used to fly.  I would hang her up with black yarn near a wall that was covered with dark paneling.   The yarn would disappear against the dark background.  She appeared to be hovering in air.  It used to really give people a start when they first saw it.  I created the stand because my collection was displayed in a public library one year and there was nowhere to hang her from.


The colorful gourds are dried gourds that were painted with acrylic paints.  I blogged about the method of painting them while I was doing it, so anyone interested can go back and read about it.  The blog posts were dated January 4 through January 15 2014. 

No comments: