Sunday, April 5, 2015

Anthropomorphic Figure for Halloween - Part 4

Slow progress, but it is still progress.  I have the torso and limbs sanded for the doll.  It does not look all that much different from previous pictures at this point.  The main difference is that it is now smooth and ready to paint.  I will begin painting tomorrow.

I was glad to be able to accomplish even that much this week.  Spring has sprung here and the weather is turning warm.  Yesterday we went shopping for herbs.  I purchased some Basic, Parsley, and Sage.  It was a delight to be able to work outside in shirt sleeves.  It is not truly warm yet.  It was 63 degrees Fahrenheit yesterday; the
winds blowing at 25 miles per hour with wind gusts up to 40 miles per hour.  It has been so cold here that 63 degrees seems like a heat wave.

This week I will be working on shaping the head for the figure.  I plan to experiment with an air dry clay that I made from materials in the kitchen cabinet.  More on that next blog post.

Happy Easter everyone!


No comments: