Thursday, April 9, 2015

Anthropomorphic Figure for Halloween Part 5

Base coat and some shading.
I did not start to work with the head as I had planned to do.  It required another trip out for supplies.  However, I did get a base coat on the body and limbs. 

Now that the base coat is on, it will be time for some embellishment.  I have learned from past experience that dolls need a lot of embellishment.  I usually try to create my basic idea of the doll and add whatever decorations that I imagined it should have.  Once that part of the doll is complete I go back and add a second layer of embellishments.  After the second layer has been completed, I go back a third time and add even more embellishments.  The third layer sometimes seems over the top, but it takes that much work to keep the doll from looking too plain.

Tomorrow I plan to spend a significant part of the day making the pumpkin head for the doll.  I will also be making a head for another anthropomorphic figure I am working on.  The material will need to dry before it can be painted.  We are having very rainy weather so it might take a couple of days before they can be painted.

Check back on the Sunday blog post for the latest progress.



No comments: