Thursday, April 2, 2015

More Easter Bunnies and Art Doll Project Update

Bunny from 1960s
Although there is not a lot visible at the moment, I have been working on my paper mache' doll.  I have
completed the third layer of paper mache'.  At the moment, it looks exactly as it did when I put on the second layer.  That will change soon.  Today I start sanding the pieces.  After that I will start painting.  I hope to have at least some of it done by the weekend. 

Contemporary ceramic bunny.
As the days get warmer, my crafting time gets shorter.  There is more to do outside and our activities pick up all around.  I try to make time to do something in my studio every day, but progress is slower.  I know that a lot of people are working late into the night to get things done quicker, but that is not my lifestyle.  As Mark Twain wrote in Tom Sawyer, "Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do.  Play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do."   I prefer to work on my art as enjoyment rather than make it into a forced march into completion.  I guess it is lucky that I do not have to survive from income from my art.

I should have some new photos on Sunday's blog post.  In the mean time, I hope that you will enjoy some photos of my Easter collection.

Contemporary collectable bunny.

No comments: